Orthodontic treatment can be successful at any age, and adults especially appreciate the benefits of a beautiful smile. At our orthodontic practice, we treat a large number of adult patients. National studies reveal that one out of every five patients in orthodontic treatment is over the age of 21. The American Association of Orthodontics estimates that approximately 1,000,000 adults in the United States are currently receiving treatment from orthodontists. Today, orthodontic treatment is a viable option for almost any adult.
Adult patients are surprised to discover the short treatment times, invisible appliance options, and level of comfort available during treatment. Today’s orthodontic treatments are entirely different than those of years ago. With modern orthodontics we have more cosmetic options then ever before. Often, Invisalign® (clear aligners) or clear ceramic brackets can be used for those adults who wish they could straighten their teeth but don’t want to wear any visible braces. It’s never too late to create that beautiful smile!
Possible Benefits Of Adult Orthodontic Treatment:
- Increased self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved health of your teeth and gums
- Improved ability to brush and floss
- Reduction in unwanted wear of the teeth
- Close spaces between the teeth
- Decreased potential jaw joint problems or pain (TMJ/TMD)
- Create a better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew